Partnership of: Coalition for Christian Outreach (CCO) & Riverside Covenant Church
Ministering to students at: Purdue University
Purpose: The CCO Campus Minister will develop and enhance the graduate student ministry of Riverside Covenant Church while simultaneously overseeing Riverside’s Small Group Ministry.
Supervision: The CCO Campus Minister is accountable to both the Senor Pastor of Riverside and the Indiana Director of CCO. Both supervisors will communicate and coordinate their efforts to oversee this ministry.
- Completion of the Riverside 101 Course.
- Active participation in all church staff meetings.
- Participation and competency in CCO college ministry training events and programs.
- Enthusiastic representation of both CCO and Riverside to the general public.
- Living in accordance with the ethical standards as defined by the CCO staff handbook.
- Affirmation of Riverside’s beliefs found at http://www.rcovenant.org/whatwebelieve
Graduate Student Ministry
- Utilize the CCO’s Transformed Student Document as a guideline for discipling Purdue University graduate students toward a transformative relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Develop of a core leadership team of twelve graduate students who will be empowered to minister to other students within Riverside, as well as general Purdue students who are not in the church yet.
- Integrate graduate students into the life of Riverside, whether that be through church attendance, small group involvement, participation in community events, or serving alongside members of the church.
- Help Riverside understand and respond to the annual cycle that graduate students experience at Purdue University.
Small Group Ministry
- Oversee Riverside’s Small Group Ministry. This includes monitoring the health of existing groups, integrating new people into groups, helping form new groups, training leaders, and connecting leaders with needed resources and support.
- Advocate Riverside Small Groups to Riverside through personal contact, periodic Sunday announcements, website articles, and other communication methods.
- Prepare and implement RCC’s 6-week “Small Group Cohesion” once per year.
- Work with existing Riverside Ministry leaders to ensure a consistent ministry plan throughout the church.
General CCO Expectations
The CCO Campus Minister is responsible to the values, goals and expectations of the Coalition for Christian Outreach and the continued development of their call to ministry. These responsibilities include:
- Recruit students for the involvement and continuation of CCO ministry on other campuses.
- Participate in a CCO Training Team (1st Year only), and complete one course or break out series at Summer Institute (Each Year).
- Attend and invite student participation in all CCO-sponsored training events and the Jubilee Conference (Each Year).
- Raise all necessary funds to a CCO Personal Ministry Account for salary and ministry expenses.
- Meet regularly with CCO Indiana Director and pastor of RCC for supervision and mentorship.
- Submission of weekly “staff cookbook” for review by CCO Indiana Director.
General Riverside Expectations
“We believe that spiritual growth and accountability are vital to the health and welfare of all believers. Therefore, active participation in a Small Group, Men’s Ministry, Women’s Ministry or regular meetings with a trusted accountability partner on a weekly basis is mandatory. Our ultimate desire is for our staff to nourish their spiritual health and relationship with Jesus Christ with Riverside, and we are committed to supporting him/her in this endeavor.”
To apply for the job please send your resume and cover letter to Dan Teefey via email at email@example.com no later than March 1st, 2013.