The following is a list of resources available to small groups at Riverside. Most physical materials for the programs described below are available for review at the Riverside Office.
An Ordinary Day with Jesus
This ready-to-teach curriculum guides and equips both leaders and participants in concrete ways to embrace the very real person of Jesus of Christ in everyday life. You’ll learn how to:
* invite Christ to work alongside you
* recognize and hear the Holy Spirit’s voice
* use the spiritual pathways that best connect you to God
* eliminate hurry and simplify your pace of life
* wake up and go to sleep in Jesus’ name
* open everyday relationships to him, learning even from difficult people
* spend soul-replenishing time alone with God
* plan, commit to, and actually experience an entire day with Jesus
Kit includes one leader’s guide, one participant’s guide, one 45-minute segmented video, and one PowerPoint® CD-ROM.
Doing Life Together
This study is based on the Purpose Driven paradigm. Doing Life Together will help your group discover what God created you for and how you can turn this dream into an everyday reality. The kit contains the complete, 6-volume Doing Life Together series. It includes one DVD with leader’s guide insert and one study guide for each of the following titles:
* Beginning Life Together
* Connecting with God’s Family
* Growing to Be Like Christ
* Developing Your SHAPE to Serve Others
* Sharing Your Life’s Mission Every Day
* Surrendering Your Life for God’s Pleasure
Experiencing Christ Together
The Experiencing Christ Together series enables small groups to explore the power and life application of Jesus teaching on the five biblical purposes of a Christian life by closely examining Christ’s model in the Gospels. The first book lays the foundation of who Christ is and what he has done for us. The other five books explore how Jesus trained his followers to live out the five basic biblical purposes for life. Each study includes a group project. The complete Curriculum Kit includes six four-hour DVDs, small group leader material and six study guides.
* Beginning in Christ Together: Explore Jesus as a teacher, healer, shepherd, servant, savior, and risen Lord.
* Connecting in Christ Together: Explore how Jesus loved us in his life, death, and resurrection and how we respond by relating to him and others
* Growing in Christ Together: Observe how Jesus trained his disciples in habits that made it possible to live with his love, joy, and power
* Serving Like Christ Together: Understand Jesus heart and serving beyond ourselves
* Sharing Christ Together: Seeing the lost through the eyes of Jesus
* Surrendering to Christ Together: Explore six heart attitudes that motivate groups to passionately embrace God’s agenda
The Nooma Collection
Nooma is a revolutionary product that is changing the way people experience spirituality – a series of short films on DVD with a 32-page discussion guide that encourage meaningful discussion with relevant questions and biblical references.
It’s not a book or a cassette tape. And it’s not a CD or a two-hour movie. It’s a new format called NOOMA® — short films, between 10 and 14 minutes long, about God and our lives. Like parables, they use the experiences of our lives to teach about the fullness of life through Jesus, tackling issues like forgiveness, discipleship, and unconditional love. DVDs include: Rain, Flame, Trees, Sunday, Noise, Kickball, Luggage, Dust, Bullhorn, Lump, and Rhythm.
To Live is Christ
A 10-week study on the life and ministry of the apostle Paul led by Beth Moore. Paul provides an example of sold-out servanthood. Get to know the man who said “To live is Christ and to die is gain” in Philippians 1:21. The kit includes 5 videotapes featuring Beth Moore and a leader’s guide. There are workbooks available to order from Lifeway.
Breaking Free: Making Liberty in Christ a Reality in Life
This 11-week study leads you through a study of the Scriptures to discover the transforming power of Christian freedom. Based on Isaiah 61:1-4, this in-depth study draws parallels between the captive Israelites and today’s believers. Beth Moore points out from Scriptures the benefits of our relationship with God and shows you how to remove obstacles that hinder that relationship. As you identify spiritual strongholds in your life, you will progress on the journey toward greater freedom in Christ.
The kit includes 5 videos with 2 sessions on each. Leader guide and workbooks available from Lifeway.
The Faith Lessons Series (previously known as That the World May Know)
Take a journey through the Bible with Ray Vander Laan. Many of the DVDs were filmed in Israel and Turkey making the Bible come alive.
* Volume 1: Faith Lessons of the Promised Land
Crossroads of the World is the first in a continuing series, previously published as "That the World May Know." This five-part segment focuses on God putting His mark on a people and their land, a mark that He’s extended throughout ancient Israel to the faithful of today.
* Volume 2: Prophets and Kings
This video series helps small groups understand ancient cultures and events from the mindset of a citizen of those times. It will give meaning to the places and events of the Bible in a way that transforms your faith today.
* Volume 3: Faith Lessons of the Life and Ministry of the Messiah
Drawing on Ray Vander Laan’s video presentations, participants will enjoy spirited discussions and find practical applications that turn faith lessons learned from past millennia into faith lessons lived today. The videos focus on the birth, life, and ministry of Jesus.
* Volume 4: Faith Lessons on the Death and Resurrection of the Messiah
These videos focus on the last week of Jesus’ life, his death and resurrection, and the Holy Spirit’s visit on Pentecost.
* Volume 5: Lessons of the Early Church
Faith Lessons is an in-depth video tour of the buried, distant, or otherwise forgotten places where the stories of the Bible actually happened. From this cultural perspective, teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan challenges long-held Western assumptions about even the most well-known Scripture passages. The result? You will simply never read the Bible the same again.
* Volume 6: In the Dust of the Rabbi — Becoming a Disciple
The End of the Story. The Start of the Mission. In the next two installments of this powerful series, Vander Laan leads us on a journey through Galilee and to Asia Minor, a region where the rabbinic practice of selecting disciples (talmidim) was well-known, and where disciples walked the walk Rabbi Jesus taught them. These five-session DVDs explore what it means to be a follower of Jesus, not only in the first century, but now in the twenty-first century.
* Volume 7: Walk Like Jesus Walked
As disciples of Jesus, we’ve discovered that following him demands a passion for the text and a complete devotion to Christian community. But there is more. A disciple is consumed with a passion to be like The Rabbi — Jesus. Come and discover the passion of our early Christian brothers and sisters. Follow in their footprints as they loved the Messiah with all their heart, all their soul, and all their might — every moment of every day.