There more “Backyard Conversations” added! If you didn’t get the chance to attend one of our Backyard Conversations, please take advantage of one of the following opportunities by signing up for one of the following opportunities (no sign up necessary for October 4th):
September 28 – 7 pm Location: Riverside Covenant Church Registration is limited to 20. You will receive further information in the confirmation email that your receive upon registration.
October 1 – 7 pm Location : Zoom Registration is limited to 20. You will receive the login information in the confirmation email after you register.
October 4 – 11 AM – Location at the Watt’s with outside worship
Backyard conversations are a place for Riverside to have important conversation about where we are and where we dream of going next. Everyone is invited to join a conversation and participate. Each conversation will be guided by Pastor Corey. (The questions that will guide our conversation for the evening are included below.) We would like everyone who registers to come prepared to share an answer or thought about at least one of the questions. We especially value the input of those who are hesitant to speak. We need to hear all of your voices! Staff and LT members will be present at each meeting in a listening capacity. This means they will not be sharing their perspectives or answering questions, simply listening to your thoughts about where Riverside is now and who Riverside is being called to be in the future.
If you missed the first conversation that was held on September 2nd there are more to come. The next backyard conversation will be held virtually through Zoom on Tuesday, September 15th at 6:30 p.m.
The third backyard conversation is scheduled for Thursday, September 17th at 7:00 p.m. at the home of the Kurt and Missy Watt.
The questions that will guide our conversation are as follow:
- Tell me about the best times that you have had with Riverside. Looking at your entire experience, recall a time when you felt most alive, most involved, or most excited about your involvement. What made it a great experience? Who was involved? Describe the event in detail.
- What is it about Riverside that you value? What is the single most important thing that Riverside has contributed to your life?
- What do you think is the core value of Riverside? What is it that, if it did not exist, would make Riverside totally different than it currently is?
- If you had three wishes for Riverside, what would they be?
- If in 2 years you were talking to a non-Riverside friend about why you love Riverside, what reasons would you want to give?