It’s Megan Mills, your friendly, Children’s Director. I hope you are just as excited as I am about the upcoming Christmas Break. A time to slow down and spend with friends and family.
I just want to remind you about our two upcoming Family Worship Services. Sunday December 27th and January 3. This means that RiverKids will not be meeting, but the nursery will be available.
The purpose of Family Worship Sunday is for you to worship together with your family. We think RiverKids curriculum is important and we don’t want your kids to miss out. So we suspend it every once in a while so that your kids can worship with you, and Riverside as a whole church family.
Please know that your children of ALL ages are welcomed in the service. Do not feel like you are expected to take your little ones to the nursery, but you are welcome to do so.
Our last FWS wasn’t that long ago, hopefully it is fresh in your mind. But here are few reminders:
- This might not be your favorite service, but don’t let that keep you from coming.
- You will probably be annoyed by your kid, but likely NO ONE else will be.
- They will drop something, loudly, (last time it was my kid… he got mad and threw a Bible on the floor-good times!)
- All of the above does not equal failure! Do not be discouraged.
- There are kid’s sermon sheets to fill out (adults can have one too!). The kids get Bible Bucks for using them–they do not have to be completed. They in fact are not designed to be completed. During FWS weeks they will be in the bulletins but on any given week they are available with the activity bags on or under the shelf in the welcome center.
- Activity bags: they are filled with activities, let your kids, especially your younger kids, grab one and explore the contents.
- Don’t forget to be praying for your kids, and the whole church, that God would bind us together as one church body, young and old, and that God honor our efforts to train our kids to worship Him!
That’s it, feel free to contact me with questions, [email protected]
Onward and Upward!