The purpose of this policy is to provide safe, responsible and consistent guidelines for the use of the Riverside Covenant Church (Riverside) facilities. Anyone given responsibility for use of the facilities is expected to know and follow these guidelines as well as the guidelines in the Riverside Facilities Key Policy. All uses of the Riverside facilities must be reasonable, responsible, adequately supervised, safely conducted, and consistent with Christian values. Our goal is to use the Riverside facilities in ways that honor God and help Riverside carry out its mission. We endeavor to welcome all people to use the Riverside facilities in the hope that they will encounter God through our hospitality, service and love.
In addition to being a place of worship on Sunday mornings, Riverside facilities are available for various activities, events, and meetings that are not organized by Riverside. These potential uses necessitate that a policy regarding the use of Riverside facilities be established and maintained. This will ensure proper order, scheduling, and the use of Riverside facilities in a manner consistent with the mission of Riverside.
This policy applies to all Riverside staff, members, attendees, and outside groups that require access to any or all Riverside facilities.
- Please read through this entire Policy. If there are any questions regarding the policy or the use of the Riverside facilities, please contact the Riverside Office Manager.
- If you desire to use the Riverside facilities, you must complete the Facility Use Request Form and return it to the Riverside Office Manager. The Facility Use Request Form must be completed for all events held in Riverside facilities that are not coordinated and managed by Riverside staff or under the authority and supervision of Riverside staff.
- The Facility Use Request Form should be returned with the accompanying deposit as outlined in the Riverside Facilities Fee Schedule at least one month prior to the event being scheduled. The sooner the form and deposit are given to the Riverside Office, the greater the likelihood that desired dates will be secured on the Riverside master calendar.
- A date will not be reserved and placed on the Riverside master calendar until: 1) the Facility Use Request Form and a deposit have been received by the Office Manager and 2) the date and event have been approved by the Senior Pastor and/or Leadership Team.
- If a facility use is not approved, the Riverside Office Manager will contact the person completing the Facility Use Request Form and inform them as to why the request was denied. If the denial is because the desired date is already booked on the master church calendar, then an alternate date will be proposed.
- Once a facility use is approved by the Senior Pastor and/or Leadership Team, the Office Manager will assist the person responsible for scheduling the event in gaining access to the building and ensuring that Riverside staff and ministry coordinators know of the upcoming facility use.
- The entire facility use fee must be pre-paid to Riverside at least one week in advance of the intended use.
- Checks are to be made payable to Riverside Covenant Church. The name of the group and/or activity should be indicated on the check.
- A refund of all fees will be granted if the Riverside Office Manager is notified of a facility use cancellation at least one week before it was scheduled to occur.
Riverside facility access must be arranged in advance of facility uses through the Riverside Office Manager according to the Riverside Facilities Key Policy.
Electrical circuit boxes are located in the Utility Room on the lower level of the building.
Water and Natural Gas
The water supply shutoff is marked and is in the Utility Room on the lower level of the building. The gas shut off is marked and is in the Utility Room on the lower level, as well. If any of these shut-offs are used the Office Manager should be contacted immediately.
Fire Extinguishers and Fire Alarm
There are three fire extinguishers on the upper level of the Riverside building, one at the front main doors, one at the sanctuary exit, and one at the kitchen exit. There are three fire extinguishers on the lower level of the Riverside building – one at each end of the hallway and one at the exterior door in the Utility Room. Additionally, there are smoke detectors located throughout the Riverside building.
- All requests for facility uses must be submitted to Riverside using the Facility Use Request Form.
- The individual signing as the “Person responsible” on the Facility Use Request Form will be held accountable for any damage to the facilities.
- The individual signing as the “Person responsible” on the Facility Use Request Form must provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance (COL)prior to using the facility. If you have homeowners or renters insurance, it may cover your use of the facility automatically. Your insurance agent will be able to assist you in getting the COL.
- Responsible adults must supervise all activities. Activities potentially hazardous to the safety of the individual participants or possibly damaging to the facilities cannot be allowed.
- Those using the facilities for activities not planned by and for the people of Riverside must hold Riverside and its agents and employees harmless from premises liability.
- If you will need any portion of the building set up differently from what it normally is on a Sunday morning, it must be noted on the Facility Use Request Form under set-up requested. Facility Manager fees will apply.
- Do not tape, pin or nail any items, including decorations, to painted walls, ceiling or woodwork. It is acceptable to use removable and cleanable Handi-Tak or poster gum.
- Groups using the Riverside facilities are responsible for maintaining and cleaning the facilities when they are finished. The facilities are to be left in as good or better condition, as they were found. A Building Use Checklist will be provided to you by the Office Manager before your event. The deposit will not be returned and an additional fee may be charged for damage or for extra staff needed to clean.
- No alcoholic beverages or smoking is permitted on the church property.
- No product sales or solicitation is permitted on the church property.
- Riverside ministries and activities have precedence when scheduling the use of the facilities. Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate all facility use requests, but occasionally Facility Use Requests will be denied due to a Riverside ministry or activity need.
Stove, Ovens and Coffee Makers
Individuals using any of this equipment must be familiar with their operating procedures. The facilities’ user must clean each item of equipment at the end of their use. Riverside does not supply coffee or any plastic or paper products for any non-Riverside activity.
The audio-visual equipment in the sanctuary and sound booth area may be operated, connected or disconnected only by Riverside audio/video technicians or by those trained by Riverside technicians. Any intended use of audio/visual equipment should be indicated on the initial Facility Use Request Form.
Refrigerator and Beverage Cooler
Food may only be stored before an event with prior approval of Riverside and must be clearly marked. After the event, all food must be removed from the kitchen. All existing contents of the refrigerator or beverage cooler are for Riverside use only.
Nursery and Classroom Use
The Riverside Nurseries and Classrooms may only be used with prior approval of the Riverside Children’s Director. The intended use should be included on the Facility Use Request Form. Contact the Riverside Office Manager for more specific information.
- Follow the “General Use” and “Equipment” policies listed above.
Riverside Facilities Use Fee Schedule
Categories of Facilities Uses
- Routine activities planned by and for the people of Riverside.
- Private activities planned by Riverside members such as receptions, anniversaries, and other special events.
- Activities planned by and for the participants of Christian organizations and groups other than Riverside.
- All other activities planned by and for people not in the above categories.
- All or a portion of the fees for Groups 2, 3, and 4 may be waived at the discretion of the Senior Pastor or Leadership Team if deemed to further the mission of Riverside.
Schedule of Base Fees
Facilities Use Deposit $100
- Both the Facility and Staff Fees are required for use of Riverside facilities.
Riverside Facilities Use Policy & Riverside Facilities Use Fee Schedule
|$5 per room
|$0 per hour
|$25 per hour
|$25 per hour
|$25 per hour
|$50 per room
|Sanctuary, will be present
at least 30 minutes
before and after event.
|$0 per hour
|$25 per hour
|$25 per hour
|$25 per hour