Doug Wright has been hard at work preparing an exciting day at for the Men’s Ministry in Indianapolis. We are going to attend the Don Schumacher Racing’s open house on Friday, August 29th, before the US Nationals. This is a neat party, with a tour of their 100,000+ Sq Ft shop, entertainment, meet & greet with drivers plus some additional tours that Doug is still working on the details.
We’re probably going to meet at the church around 9:00 am on August 29thth and be back late in evening.
For some more details on just what we are getting into check out the facts and links below.
Mac Tools US Nationals At O’Reilly Indianapolis Raceway Park
Here’s a little bit of information regarding the performance of a Top Fuel Dragster
If you haven’t seen one of these cars run, you won’t believe it.
In a ¼ mile (1320 feet), they go from 0 to 330mph, in less than 5 seconds.
– Best quarter-mile elapsed time – 4.437 seconds (NHRA national record – Joliet, IL. — 10/05)
– Best finish line speed – 337.58 MPH (Brainerd, MN, 8/05)
– 0 to 100 MPH in .8 seconds (the first 60 feet of the run)
– 0 to 200 MPH in 2.2 seconds (the first 350 feet of the run)
– 6 g-forces at the starting line (nothing accelerates faster on land)
– 6 negative g-forces upon deployment of twin ‘chutes at 300 MPH
– 300” wheelbase (25 feet from front axle to rear axle centerlines)
– Goodyear tires (replaced every 2 runs)
– 500-cubic-inch TFX aluminum hemi (8000 horsepower)
– Nitro-methane racing fuel (12 gallons per run – each run is a ¼ mile)
Friday, August 29th
Adult Admission – $35
Juniors (ages 6-12) – $10
We’ll buy our tickets at the track