Food drives always have a purpose…to gather food to give to those who are hungry. This food drive is similar, but it’s to provide specific food items to aid Julie Griffin in fixing a meal for Lafayette Transitional Housing. Julie and her crew have been doing this every month for several months now, but the amount of people being served has grown. So let’s help meet the need!
The menu for the October 14th meal is Coney dogs, coleslaw, baked beans, and peach dump cake. Below is a list of items needed. Note: This is the large bags/boxes/cans .
- Hotdogs — approximately 125
- Hotdog buns — 125
- Coney sauce — 2 bulk size cans (117 ounces each)
- Onions — 5 large
- Coleslaw mixture — 2 bulk size bags
- Coleslaw dressing — 1 large
- Baked Beans — 4 bulk size cans (117 ounces each)
- Yellow cake mix — 1 large yellow (bulk size like can be purchased at
- Canned peaches — 3 bulk size (117 ounces each)
- Drink mix — enough to make 6 gallons
All items need to be brought to the church by Sunday, October 11.